Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Le Mont St Michel

One of the most intruiging places on earth and also one of the most photographed, Le Mont St Michel rises into view across surrounding paddocks. Accessed by a causeway only at low tide, the Mont is home of approximately 40 inhabitants and visited by millions of tourists.




The abbey at the top of the mount is well worth the hike, especially so considering the monks who built it (starting in the 8th century) also had to contend with the fickle tides.














But, don't forget to check out the shops and restaurants along the way on both sides of the narrow steep alleys on the way up to the Abbey!

1 comment:

  1. Hi MK...

    Can a Francophile be tragic...I think not. I think they can only be the happiest people in the world.
    You might like to read all the Paris and France and Riviera and chateau stories on my blog, THE STYLE SALONISTE...as I am a tragic Francophile as well...well, a very happy one.
    Check out my new story on a private visit to the CHATEAU DE HAROUE...
    and I would be honored to add you to my favorites blog roll...and would be honored if you would add me to your favorites blog roll.
    cheers, DIANE
    www.thestylesaloniste.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...