Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cop an Eiffel



I thought I would treat myself, being my last day in Paris and all, with lunch up the Eiffel Tower. But I was sorely disappointed ...

1. Order
2. Take buzzer
3. Wait for buzzer to buzz
4. Take a wire basket
5. Collect meal, each course packaged in a separate container
6. Take basket back to your table and hope no one has stolen your prime position at the window.

(The only redeeming feature of service is that your wine is poured at your own table.)

By now you're probably wondering what I ordered:

Soupe à L'oignon Gratinée?
Boeuf Bourguignon?
Crème brûlée?

No. (Remember I said sorely disappointed?)

No French fare ... a Cheeseburger and strawberry cheesecake were the pick of the bunch.

It was about now I found out the fine dining restaurant, Le Jules Verne, was closed for renovations. Oh well, there's always next time.

Lucky the views are worth it ...






Photos are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog Mo! I love it! I will look every day! See you in a month when both Ellis and I are in Adelaide for the wedding. xxx It's Lucy by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...